Getting over your ex is about “YOU” and not the other person. Of course, a little part of you wants vengeance. You want to date someone to make them jealous and have them regret what they lost. In reality, when you have that mentality you’re only hurting yourself and staying in that “hurt” cycle longer than you should. So, here are some tips that I have come up with, of course through trial and error.
1. Accept the relationship is over. The only way you are going to deal with the situation is when you leave all “hope” behind and bury it. When you hope for a possibility of getting back together, you are setting yourself up for more pain. If it comes back around, let it. But, don’t hold on to hope or wishing it will come back. What is meant for you, will be for you!
2. Accept your responsibility in the situation. It takes two to tango. Own up to your mistakes and move on. They may have cheated, but you may have nagged them too much, or treated them with dishonor. Whatever the case is, maybe you are not to blame for their behavior, but accept your part and move on.
3. Forgive yourself and forgive them! Yup, I said the “F” word. Forgive, forgive, forgive. Holding onto unforgiveness only hinders you more than them. It keeps you bound up longer than you should be or deserve to be. Forgiveness is part of your healing. Remember this is about your soul, not theirs!
4. Pray for them. I know this is probably going to be the hardest step for most. Our flesh wants to pray those witchcraft prayers and forget if they have another mate already. Those witchcraft prayers are prayed over both. Now, don’t go praying “Lord, I hope their relationship ends and they see who they really are dating.” Pray blessings and prosperity over their lives and their future. Trust me, prayer will move mountains including your “ex” mountains.
5. Don’t get into another relationship before healing. The saying “it takes one to get over one” is only true if God is the one helping you heal. Any other relationship will only mask the pain from the previous relationship and will eventually come forth. Not properly healing will only open unnecessary issues to be dealt with. The relationship may withstand the storms but probably produce chaos. Or you’ll end up with another broken heart and double the pain.
I promise if you use these steps, your healing process will come sooner than later. I’ve learned these steps from heartbreak after heartbreak. I didn’t properly heal and moved into relationship after relationship and the same issues kept coming up. Now, that I’m fully whole and healed, it’s so easy for me to let go of someone. Now, if I see some red flags; I’m out! I don’t have the time or the energy to try and change someone, because guess what? It isn’t my job to change them… It’s God’s job!
Don’t stay stuck longer than you need to be. You deserve a good healthy relationship. You deserve to be happy. You deserve the good morning and the good night texts. You deserve someone to love you beyond what you think love is. You deserve it all. So get to work. I will see you on the other side of your healing!
Take time to find out who you are and what makes you happy. Be whole. Be happy.
Be wise with who you give your time to. Not everyone deserves your time.
Set standards so that you don’t settle. You didn’t come all this way to just settle. You’ve come all this way to get that trophy mate!
Stop reminiscing, it only keeps your shackles on longer.
Stop stalking their social media pages. Block them if you have to. In order to move on, you have to leave it all in the past and protect your soul from anything that will hinder your healing.
Set boundaries, so if they try to creep back in they have no access to you.
Lastly, You’ll have your good days and your bad days, but with time, it gets easier if you follow these steps. I promise. Use me as your living example!